Sunday 8 February 2009

Lets get cracking!!



Well now Ive stopped trying to squeeze the cameras battery into the memory card slot....well their both small and square......bit like DH.....oooooh no didn't mean that honest....  I have uploaded some pieces I have accumulated over 30 yrs that have just been around in sheds, drawers, cupboards and lofts.

The tatty shelves have been in our shed for 6/7 years as you can see by the state of them ...really I'll just be sanding and slapping on paint but I want to NOT paint it cream/white but try a colour...I'm a bit of a cream kinda gal so will try something new ...now it will take me another 6/7 yrs to decide what lol....then I may do a small amount of decorative painting down the outer sides.




Then I have a few tin/enamelware bits, the watering can I may just add a little motif or wording on the front,  not sure about the red coffee pot, might just leave that alone but the tea/coffee/sugar/ cannisters , I've got the three,  are in need of something major just got to decide what,  then I've got wooden boxes, baskets, mirrors, peg rack etc so alot to be getting on with ...and thats without me even purchasing any blanks for my future shop, as some of these bits, depending on the outcome, may go in to the shop, phew and thats just a fraction. But if I'm anything like Mel  I will be done by Friday but I'm not so I wont ;-)
                                                          

11 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Sounds like you've got a lot to choose from to do there! I bet it will all look lovely when you've finished though :)

Thanks so much for your kind comments on the post about my Dad, it meant a lot to me and I really appreciate it.

mel xxx

angel said...

Get on with it lady, we wanna see you work your Magic....:-)

Love and hugs X x X x X x X x X

MelMel said...

LOL!!!
During the week, it becomes a sight to behold.....babywipes, spare clothing....nappies(clean!!!!).
Maybe I'll do a weekday bag for you!
hahahahhahahah.....xxxx

MelMel said...

P.S...every home needs a ewbank.....I'm too lazy to drag the hoover out and Olly wants to save cash on the lecti....blimming bills!x

Lace hearts said...

How wonderful - you'll be painting everything in site. Is it done yet, or at least a tiny enamel tin yet?
Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my dd's post - made her day all the comments she got. Gets more than me, LOL! x

aline said...

I think I can post a comment now, testing?

aline said...

YEEEEEEES!!!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hope to see your shop OPEN SOON!
I`m sure it will have lovely things in it!
Maybe we can exchange links!
I`m here, if you need any help!
Love,
Debbie Moss

Shsjndkdns said...

Hiya Laj, I am looking forward to the gig, I think it is only a small venue so will be quite 'intimate' :D. Hope you have a lovely valentines day xxx

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Lajoni! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I actually sell scrolls similar to the ones I used on furniture makeover. I just have not listed them online just yet. I will soon. Good luck with the opening of your online shop. It's very exciting. And I would love to answer any questions you may have (if I can). Talk to you soon!

Michelle said...

OOOhhh looking forward to seeing these shabbied up!
x x x