Friday 6 March 2009

My first commision...well sort of ;)

The lovely Mitmot from SCC asked me if I would like some trays and plaques that she had bought in France a while ago, but hadn't done anything with.  She forwarded me some photos and I replied straight away so that I could snatch them up and  see what she would like for them.
They are gorgeous and I already have plans to do a pin up girl on the black paddle, which I was informed by MM was a French bread board.  That I am hoping to do this weekend yaaaay   

Bless her heart she asked if I would paint this other tray the same as I had painted Ebabys mirror for the January swap (scroll down to see photos)...which I said I would be delighted to do.....I definitely think I came off best in that exchange.  

Mitmot does fabulous things with a needle and she has Folksy and Dawanda shops.... do make a visit, you won't be dissappointed shes amazing
I can sew a bit but with my sewing one never looks on the reverse as one would be  aghast at the sight lol


The trays look beautiful as they are so this has become a bit of a challenge for me lol...

4 comments:

mitmot said...

You are so clever you will make them look loads better than they already are, looking forward to seing them get a new lease of life, oh and to getting my 'commission' :-)

Lace hearts said...

How fabulous... can't wait to see how they all turn out. You are so incredibly talented. That's one thing I definitely have never been able to do.
Thanks for your lovely comment today - and yep, I think Kelly's meatloaf sounds ace. Will be trying that! x

Claire said...

Hello fellow gum addict!

I only chew outside the house too so you're not too strange! My delicate mouth can not cope with two pieces.

Sounds like you and I keep Wrigleys in business. My poison is Fresh Mint and Spearmint is the back up!

Claire x

angel said...

Have you done them yet? where are you, you've been at em all flummin weekend, there is only so much waiting i can do ya know.... drumming fingers.......

ARE THEY DONE-DED YET .... what about now .... now ......sheesh c'on.........

Love and huggles honey Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X