Monday 26 December 2011

Photo Blocks

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all you wish for yourselves for the new year :)

I'm still creating with blocks and this new set are photos of my daughter and her boyfriend with one side faced with the letters      L O V E ....

I knew I wanted to have the letters filled with their photo images but wasn't sure how to get the effect. 
I was told the only way of doing it was with Photoshop so my husband installed it on my Laptop.
Easier said than done I had never used Photoshop and its not something you just know how to do ....I looked at tutorials on Youtube and even a friend from a forum I use sent me instructions, as her husband uses it everyday for his work....even so it still looked like I needed to learn the basics first so I gave up on that idea until I was messing around with Microsoft word for some other blocks when lo and behold it did exactly what I wanted ....I was so chuffed.






I am really pleased with them and so were my daughter and her boyfriend and I am now doing, unbeknown to her, another set with her and her girlfriends on with the wording  F R I E N D S done in a slightly different way so watch this space to see if they turn out :)

No comments: