Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year to you all xxxx

Thought I had better post this now as I have just started drinking, my first being a Whisky and Dry which I haven't had for an age , it was my mums tipple really but as a young lady, I was one once honest, not sure of what to drink I used to ask for Whisy and dry....this progressed to Rum and black which at the tender age of 18 made me vomit on the upper deck of a bus and was never to be drank again...
My friends and I on half price Tuesdays would then drink Barley wines which were apparently the equivalent to a dble Whisky but quarter of the price.
I have since had various tipples Gin and tonic, Vodka and britvic O, Martini and lemonade and the the assortments of house wines thank goodness there were none of these shots that they drink now lol

On a serious note I often wondered what made an alcoholic as when I was younger, approx 16 to about 25ish I drank alot, infact that was our aim on a night out to get drunk...not fall down drunk, though I have been there but what I would call a stage further than tipsy.  Now I would say I drank almost everynight whether at parties or clubs sometimes as much as 20 shorts but never of a morning .....and I did it consistently through my late teens early twenties...now why didn't I become an alcoholic ....

I basically think alot of us just grow out of it and move onto lifes next stage but why??????
Anyway OH has just topped up my glass so cheers to you all and I hope you all have a fantabulous year ahead wherever and whoever you are mwah xxxxx

EDIT....Just to add I had 2 whiskeys then I went on to coffees...just can't hack it anymore, but I'm honestly not complaining :)

4 comments:

Beki said...

Pernod and black was what made me violently ill at the tender age of 17, 22 years later a drop has still not passed my lips. Plenty of other alcohol has though ;).
Funny question you asked as i've wondered many times myself. When I lost my babies, I hit the bottle big time and I do mean big time but same here I didn't become an alchoholic.

Happy New Year to you and yours hunni, hope the head's ok in the morning 'hehe'

Love and ((hugs))
Beki xxx

angel said...

Flippin eck, i dunno! what am i a doctor!......lol
In my yoof, i was a hard drinker, but thank God, i never "Needed" a drink iykwim?
Glad those days of headache from hades are long gone...

Loads of love and hugs. Mwah XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

I didn't have any drink last night as we went to friends and I drove home. I also used to drink a lot when I was younger but can take it or leave it now :)
Have a fab new year and hope that 2010 brings you loads of good things xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caroline said...

Ha!! that post so made me -Laugh, Reflect and then.... I think I'll have another wine just to contemplate that post... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!