Tuesday 14 April 2009

Capiz shell

Little Gem  has in her shop some of her lovely handmade flower brooches, now if you follow the link you will see how similar my capiz shell brooch is, which my mother gave to me and I have worn for maybe 35yrs and my mum owned it for many years before that...I absolutely adore it and have also worn it on a chain,  a choker ribbon,   a choker bangle and  a couple of times on my wrist like a corsage ...its really had its uses :)



Now looking around I noticed how much Capiz I owned,  firstly there are my napkin rings which I think are sooooo pretty and delicate and then matching these are some ...... 




...candle holders...I never use these much but have a project on my mind for them which includes an old brass triple light fitting hmmmmm then I have......



....my pendant that I remeber buying in Bournemouth when I was 16 for 50p...decimalisation had only just come in I think and I worked at Miss Selfridge ha!!...now the next piece is or should I say pieces are.......................


 some place mats and coasters,  these also have a large oval centre mat somewhere in the house but where is anybodies guess :)  and I have also got which I havent photographed 3 pendant light shades but I'm abit fed up of them...I started taking photos of  the place mats and coasters to put in my shop when I get the chuffin thing up and running.............
I'm nearly there just abit of tweaking here and there 




oooooooooooooh I've just remembered I've got large leaf shaped capiz earrings too 

8 comments:

charl said...

oo i love your little capiz collection they are all so pretty..and nice that some of it has a little bit of history to it aswell
charl x

Shabby Chick said...

Those are all soooo pretty, I always liked the capiz shell light fittings that Laura Ashley sell too.

Mel xxx

Elaine said...

Lovely Capiz pieces Laj, it's nice to have memories that are so pretty too.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxx

Poppy said...

I love them all, so pretty!
Love Lou xxx

Rose&Bird said...

Lovely, so pretty!

The sewing room said...

Hi just popped over from Elaines blog and saw your lovely buttons and i just wanted to say how talented you are and you have adorable items to show.

BEST WISHES PAT

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I have something for you at Babasfarmlife.

angel said...

Oooh they are nice, ilove the brooch/broach/first one, s'lovely.

Whens the next instalment then Laj, your sorta being a bit lazy on here aintcha...... get on wiv it woman we wanna see ya painted fingys....

Loveand hugs ickle lady... mwah X x X x X