Sunday 13 September 2009

Just found these in our shed

Over the weekend DH and I have been clearing out our 2 sheds, 1 brick and 1 wooden. We literally emptied EVERYTHING onto the lawn and found stuff we had forgotten about and stuff we wish we could forget about , but alot of it was great to find.I did these pencil portraits about 14/15 yrs ago, they are of my youngest DS who is now 19 and would probably be totally embarrassed by them now , but I used to put them in the windows of local shops and that was how I earned my pennies in those days before FT work.


These 2 photos of DS2 always make me smile I love them and him so much esp the top one with the missing tooth. I used to do fairly well charging £15 for an A4 size drawing. I occasionally do them now but usually only for family and friends.  ….this morning he woke with a hangover.... awww how time flies lol


I am also trying this Window live writer for the first time for blogging and it is soooo much easier to use and great for adding photos…I didn’t realise it was on my PC and will definitely be using it from now on.

EDIT !! When I previewed this post it had overwritten my last post about the corner cabinet but left the comments as if they were for this post and took away some photos I had just put in the side bar ...grrr not such a sinch as I thought :)

6 comments:

Serenata said...

Lovely! He looks a right little happy character. :-)

Rose&Bird said...

Lovely photos! You're very talented, I wish I could draw x

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

They are fantastic .... you should be making a career out of your artistic talents ... superb x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful portrait! You could easily do them online with people sending you photos .... if you wanted to.

How is WLW now? Your corner cupboard post is still here so perhaps it's only in preview that it misleads.

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Blimey they are brilliant - you have got such a talent there - I am just a teeny bit enviousl - oh alright I'm very envious! LOL Hope you get the Live Writer sorted out I havent had this problem :(

Unknown said...

WOW Fantastic!! You are VERY talented!!!
Love you rwork hun...we share a love of painting!! hey maybe we can swop some tips!!!
Glad you made a lovely comment on my blog so that I found your lovely one!!
Annie xx