Saturday 5 September 2009

...and another win....

Just a quickie...
I have just won 12 doors plus drawer fronts in pine for £10....so pleased as the doors we have at present are beech laminate with those long handles which I hate with a passion and being laminate I was reluctant to paint.
These are just what I wanted as I can paint them and change the handles and they are a fairly classic design.
Just got to decide what colour now Cream?....Duck egg blue?....Eau de nil?
Not bad though a kitchen makeover for a tenner :)
Think I am going to get an electric paint sprayer as its so much quicker.

Now I really must keep away from Ebay until I paint and sell some things lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What colour is the rest of your kitchen? Which direction does the kitchen face?

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Wow another great buy - bet they will look so good painted. I sy cream but everything gets painted cream here! LOL

Can't wait to see the finished results - an electric paint sprayer sounds good - will be good for all your bargains you can get them back on Ebay quicker :) x

Lajoni said...

Yes thats my thinking Deb as its such a chore even to paint one chair :(

Sandie the kitchen atm is all neutral creams/whites etc but if I did the doors cream I would bring some colour in with a painted wall and maybe paint a couple of the tiles, but would leave all that if I did the cupboards a colour
Wall cubs will be painted different col to floor cobs methinks :) oh and its southfacing

Tinyholder said...

My doors were like that in my kitchen, painted them in eau de nil. I have seen some lovely kitchens where people have gone for really much richer colours like Happy Loves Rosie and almost wish I'd gone for those rather than the obvious choices.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32643460@N07/3392195723/

sharie said...

Nice ebay buy. I can't wait to see what you do with them (and the electric paint sprayer is a good idea)

white o'morn cottage said...

What a bargain. I bet they turn out like a dream. Can't wait to seem 'em.Pam